There is so much that goes on in the wine world...whether it be in our own back yard or overseas...there is a ton of ever changing information to attempt to keep up with. It is the belief of the entire Zachys team that the more informed you can be as a wine consumer, the better you will feel about your wine & spirit purchases.
As we work hard to make our wine efforts relevant to the trends in the consumer market and vice versa it is vital that the Zachys team be continually monitoring all that is written in print publications, web sites and blogs.
We obviously are most drawn to the articles and features that most peak our interest or are most relevant to what is in the marketplace today. So we have done the homework for you. Listed below are links to some the latest and greatest stories affecting the wine world today.
We hope that you find them as interesting as we do.
All our best,
The Zachys Team
Some of Zachys favorite wine sites to stay in tune with on all that is
going on in the wine world include....
International Wine Cellar
Allen Meadows' Burghound
John Gilman's View From the Cellar
The Sonoma Wine Journal
Please note to access some of the articles we reference below opt-in or subscription may be necessary.
Current Articles & Stories Include:
• TODAY.com: June 5, 2014 - Wine Wednesday: Great American wine buys from coast to coast
• The Ossining/Croton Patch: December, 2010 - 9/11 Toughman Triathlon Helps Westchester Residents Race Toward a Brighter Future
• The Scarsdale Inquirer, June 24, 2011 - Swim, bike, run to a better life (for all)
• The Daily Scarsdale, June 20, 2011 - Scarsdale Liquor Mart Pays Off for Zachys
• Bellissimo Brunello – Vic Wines with James Suckling
• The Scarsdale Patch: December, 2010 - Christmas Spirits—While buying a nice bottle of holiday cheer, I inadvertently discovered Scarsdale’s most happening after-hours spot – the wine store.
• The Tampa Tribune: Wednesday, June 21, 2010 - Batter Up… And Drink Up [Another Fine Wine Tasting at Tropicana Field
• Bloomberg.com, July 12, 2010 - Finding $12 Wines That Punch Above Their Weight...
• Westchester Magazine, June 22, 2010 - Zachys, Uncorked
• The Tampa Tribune: Sunday, June 13, 2010 - Culinary Concessions
• www.winespectator.com - Ballpark Wine Bars in Tampa Bay
• www.prnewswire.com - Centerplate Introduces Innovative Wine Program for Tampa Bay Rays' Fans
• thewestchesterview.com - Zachys Wine & Liquor is a famous Scarsdale Landmark
• The Scarsdale Inquirer February 20, 2009 - Cheers! at the ballpark (Andrew McMurray of Zachys is helping launch a new wine program at CitiField)
• Breaking News: As Announced January 26, 2009 - Mets And Aramark Pair Up With Zachys For Wine Program At Citi Field
• Read about what one blogger has to say about Zachys - "Good Wine Priced for the Recession"
• 2005 Bordeaux (Wine Advocate) - "The Price of Glory and Greatness: 2005 Red Bordeaux from the Bottle"